Example of Z6 very low to no light focus at outdoor wedding

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
goactive Senior Member • Posts: 1,643
Example of Z6 very low to no light focus at outdoor wedding

With so much BS about the Z6 some reviews have put out from people only testing the camera for a day or so I wanted to show how well the focus is in very low to no light.

This is on the beach after sunset no light hitting the subject at all till I turn my flash on.

I needed to turn off the live exposure view in the camera at this time of day or I could not see anything just black. With live exposure view off you can see everything much better than using a DSLR. Something you need to be used to turning on and off as needed.

This was all with the kit 24-70 F4 lens.

This is what the Z6 is seeing and still locking focus on.

But at times it may take two half press to get it but it works and does get it in the dark. I still do think my older 24-70 2.8 with adaptor focus a little better in the lower light but the F4 version is doing a good job we will be using it for now on till the Tamron 35-150 is out that will replace it.

Last shot is an AF-C shot of the bride and groom walking.

Here is the shot with the flash on a second or so later.

Here is one when the sun was just setting but shooting the subject side with no light hitting them at all.

Standing on the beach almost in the dark with only my flash lighting them up from the side.

And this one was just as the sun was setting strong sun backlight no light on the subject till my flash fires.

Here is one using AF-C natural light walking on the beach at me it nailed every shot I have many of them. This did better then I expected I shot this walking shot for just about every wedding last year with a D500 and my in-focus hit rate on this is much better then what I was getting with my D500 last year.

-- hide signature --

Started shooting digital back with the first 2MP cameras. Over 20 cameras later still going. I shoot family and people portraits, weddings, Sports and a little of everything.

goactive's gear list:goactive's gear list
Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D500 +20 more
Nikon D500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow