(my) SONY GM 135 - first images - in one word: "WOW"

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 5,171
(my) SONY GM 135 - first images - in one word: "WOW"

Those who know me know that I am a huge fan of 135 mm field of view on aa FF camera. My most loved focal length since if offers some distance and some compression.

Being able to shoot with a wide aperture like f/1.8 can bring the xtra light you need for a handheld shot of stop motion where you'd otherwise have to up the ISO.

This Monday my GM 135 arrived at my favorite photo dealer with obviously good Sony connections and I was on vacation some 500 miles away - damn it!!

Today I picked up my GM 135 and had a few minutes to walk about and test it. As usual I will post a more comprehensive review but these are some of my initial shots - I am blown away by the sharpness and contrast wide open.

This is probably the best lens I've had in my hands my whole life - and I've tested a lot of glass throughout the years.

On top of that the AF is blissing fast - I mean - blistering like nothing else I've experienced before.

But before I continue to write stupid stuff because of my initial joy of using this lens I let images speak for themselves - further images will follow this easter weekend in a different thread more down to earth with other 135 mm lenses to be tested against it.

I've also included two 100 % crops from Lightroom to show the corner sharpness and the details the lens resolves wide open:

100 % crop wide open at f/1.8

100 % corner cop wide open at f/1.8

Feedback welcome - I can also include further tests in my test bench in case something special is requested from your side.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 ASPH Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow