Issue with LR and PS after calibrating BenQ SW2700PT monitor

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cheetah80 New Member • Posts: 2
Issue with LR and PS after calibrating BenQ SW2700PT monitor

I have just calibrated my new BENQ SW2700PT for the first time using the BENQ Palette Master software (latest version - application v1.3.4 and calibrator v1.3.2 (1d182)) and Spyder 4 device. I have a Macbook pro with MacOS Mojave 10.14. After the calibration when I opened lightroom the images looked off - extremely saturated and darker. But when I press F4 in LR to view the images full screen then the image shows in a different colour! - and much closer to the out of the box monitor colours that I had before I calibrated the monitor. And not only that, the saturated colours seem to be only confined to the “develop” module of lightroom because when I switch to the “library” module the colours are again not so saturated and matching the full screen mode. So something seems to be off with the profile?

Also with the new profiles, I tried to open the image in Photoshop where I got an error "The monitor profile appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software", so I tried to recalibrate again with same results. I calibrated again using Profile version v2 and again got same results. I restarted the computer and the adobe apps multiple times. I reverted back to the original out of the box colour profile for the monitor and none of the issues are seen. So it’s only the new profiles I am generating that are problematic. But of course I have no way of knowing how accurate the out of the box profile is so I am keen to calibrate - that's why I bought a monitor like this after all

Has anyone else faced this issue or knows what I can do? Since it is easter holidays it will be while before I am able to reach out to BenQ and Adobe support...

Also is the BenQ palette master software my only option in order to calibrate via the monitor's hardware or can I use some other software?

Thank you

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow