RX10 MK1 Zoom speed - Bottom line ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 58,944
RX10 MK1 Zoom speed - Bottom line ?

Hey Folks - I`d like a Final word on the zoom speed of the RX10 MK1 ..

I used one when they first came out and the zoom speed on ring or lever was desperate, enough to be a total Deal KIller ...... OK the EVF was small and pokey too but can live with that .. My MK3 is lightning fast from end to end ,. and more than fast enough even with High speed zooming disabled .. I`ve not used a Mk1 since Launch ..

I mentioned it on the Mk3 / MK4 thread before I got my Mk3 and Edform helpfully described a way of getting the ring zoom to work smoothly and it works well with my Mk3 . he also said that it works with the mk1 . I don`t know if Ed has a Mk1 or has ever used one . others still say the zoom is desperate and that the Mk2 was a big improvement ..

So what`s the bottom line on the zoom speed of the MK1 - I use the lever more anyway on the MK3 .

I ask because I`m actually using my Mk3 for more and more WORK Shoots for family groups and outdoor portraits as its damn handy due to the deeper DOF and EVF vs OVF for exposure and it`ll print massive (Prints 20X16 as well as a D750) due to being so clean at ISO64 and you`d have to put a good lens on a D750 (or my 800 series cams) to match that bag of primes 24-600 zoom .................. I fancy adding a 24-200 Constant F2.8 USED version ON THE CHEAP (mint used MK1s can be had for £300 even from Shops) and I don`t need the Video extras the MK2 offerers and it has the BSI backlit sensor . used MK2s cost a lot more

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Fujifilm X-T100
Nikon D750 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow