What should be my next lens? Thinking about going FF soon

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Genobkk Forum Member • Posts: 76
What should be my next lens? Thinking about going FF soon

I currently am using the cannon eos 800D with kit Len 18-55, cannon 50 mm 1.8, Tamron 15-30 SP2.8 Gen 1, Tamron 70-200 2.8 Gen 2.   I was thinking about going with the eos R camera, but as of yet my 15-30 is not on the list of supportive lens, I also was considering the 5D mark 4.  The issue I have if I buy a 24-70 or 24-105 it would not be much use on my 800D, or am I wrong?   The 15-30 fits that range with the cropped body, well sort off.

My question is should I buy a new camera first then add the 24-70 or 24-105 later?    I do landscape photos and portraits so maybe buy 85 mm but my 70-200 would do nice portraits on a FF, it is way to tight on my 800D for any indoor portraits so I stick to the cannon 50 mm but outside it is beautiful .and. The 70-200 does much better at moon shots then I imagined, certainly a 2v expender would make it even better, especially on my 800D.

I am a bit concerned about lacking that 24-70 focal range on FF.  Since I have my kit lens, and my 15-30 I never was interested in this lens but I know it is a important and my 15-30 will become a truly wind angle n FF    I am stretching my budget if I get eos R or 5D mark 4  if I wanted the 6D Mark 2 I certainly could buy camera and lens together but prefer jumping up to the next level for better DR and not needing or wanting to upgrade again in a few years.

Genobkk's gear list:Genobkk's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EOS R Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM +1 more
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow