Bought the K100d considering the 645D or Z

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brentliris Veteran Member • Posts: 3,874
Bought the K100d considering the 645D or Z

I've been looking at all the camera bodies made by pentax and lenses which has got me thinking about the future where  I might upgrade to a larger format than the APSC.

The 6mpz CCD sensor ont eh K100d super has suprised me. Some interesting things in comparison to my 10mpx CCD k200d that I have own ar for one it's seems less noisy at higher iso settings and the dynamic range also seems better as the problem with clipping the highlights that I had with the k200d seems solved by the older camera, I speculate that besides having a lower pixel density having he lowest iso set to 200 is because the pentax engineers have implemented an expanded dynamic range.

Because of the positive experience I had with the CCD I went about trying to  finding another CCD sensor in the Pentax line up and found that the pentax 645D also uses a CCD sensor. But on the otherhand with such a large sensor the results from a CMOS sensor the 645z are more then satisfactory and the CMOS brings advantages like liveview and video. Going MF digital means you can choose the CCD or CMOS the qiuality is high with both sensors.

I think it could be a interesting experienc to work with mediium format digital, and the benefits for wide angle and landscape photography are obvious. Also keen competition from FF is pressing prices used and low shutter count 645 bodies down close to the K1 ii. It's just the Digital optimised 645 lenses that are expensive. I can imagine a good and versatile setup would be to have a light APSC setup and for more demanding and paid work the medium format. 645z or 645d with a wide angle zoom one normal lens and a portrait lens.

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Pentax K100D Super Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pentax KP Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM +13 more
Pentax 645D Pentax 645Z Pentax K-1 II Pentax K100D Pentax K100D Super Pentax K200D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow