Camera vs iphone

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
c.brown Forum Member • Posts: 85
Camera vs iphone

I am the photographer for a not for profit, which means they want high quality on low budget. A couple of times a year, I am asked to photograph interiors and fail each time. I desperately need advise.

Interiors with low light situations and they want to be able to project these images for large audiences and they want everything in the image to be tack sharp. Oh yes, and yesterday they needed it in an hour.

As you all know, there are not many ways to bring in light and keep everything in a 3,000 square foot room tack sharp. My aperture was 22, zoom lens (the only one they gave me) was set at 18mm with stabilizer on, ISO at 400, shutter speed was 4, put the camera on an old wobbly tripod, set it at 400 and held my breath. And bracketed everything.

My boss was unhappy with the results. She called them blurry. I am telling you they were grainy. Then she whipped out her iPhone and snapped photos that were sharp everywhere.

I need to know how to keep a large room tack sharp with no lighting equipment.

I am just an experienced photojournalist doing my best to survive in this crazy digital world. I am certain commercial photographers on location are not using iPhones!

I need advise!

Thank you!

c.brown

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow