Need some help with M9 frame lines.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,925
Need some help with M9 frame lines.

Recently purchased an M9 in excellent condition and up to this point everything seems to work perfectly.  This is the first Leica I have used since I was a kid and my Dad gave me the IIIc he brought back after WWII. So I don't know if I have a frame line problem or I don't understand the frame line and lens settings.

The first lens I bought was a Voigtlander Nokton 1.5/50 Asph. I went into Lens Detection, set it to manual, selected the 1.4/50 Asph as the closest match, and the 50mm frame lines are up in the viewfinder.

I have been debating between adding a Zeiss Biogon 2.0/35, 2.8/35, or 2.8/28 Biogon. I remember that I had some old Minolta MD lenses, including an MD 28mm f2.8. Since I have rarely used a 28mm, I decided to use the Minolta to try out before I purchased one of the Zeiss lenses. So I got a Fotodiox LM/MD adapter, mounted the adapter with the 28mm, went back into Lens Detection/Manual and switched the setting from 1.4/50 Asph to one of the non-aspherical 2.8/28 selections. But I'm still seeing the 50mm frame lines unless I move the Image Field Selector to 28mm or 35mm frame lines and hold it there. I also changed the Lens Detection setting to both of the other two choices and still get 50mm frame lines.

So, am I supposed to use the Image Field Selector when Lens Detection is set to Manual or is there a problem with the M9?

Thanks for any help

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
instagram.com@billschaffel
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.”
– Henri Cartier-Bresson -

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M9 Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow