Annunciation Byzantine Church, Homer Glen, IL

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gnagel Veteran Member • Posts: 7,691
Annunciation Byzantine Church, Homer Glen, IL

It was cold and rainy yesterday, so I visited an interior space located just a couple of miles from my home. This is the Annunciation Byzantine Catholic Church in Homer Glen, Illinois.

The priest leaves this church open all the time...and it is often unattended. When I entered the church, I was the only one on the grounds. After shooting for 30 minutes or so, I noticed that the lights were dimming. The priest had entered the sanctuary and turned off the lights--not knowing I was there.

When he saw me, he started apologizing for turning off the lights! He then asked me exactly how bright I wanted the chandeliers as he could adjust the dimmer (I didn't have access to that area).

The amazing thing about this interior is that this priest painted the entire space. Every inch of this church is covered with artwork...including the entire ceiling. And, he did it all himself!

In addition to the photographs I captured yesterday, I have included a couple of the exterior from prior visits:

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow