D750: Aux battery grip. Can't control source for camera.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotographyByRobAtGmail New Member • Posts: 1
D750: Aux battery grip. Can't control source for camera.

I paid up for some accessories to use with my D750 purchase at Adorama. They included one of those auxiliary "grips" that screw to the bottom of my camera, making it even more bulky and heavy. It's made by some "green" company, out of China that seems to have no web-site for support of any kind.

Decent fit and finish but either I fit a tray with a single camera battery or a tray with six AA batteries. Fair enough for the price although I know most such grips hold two camera batteries.

I cannot figure how to control which battery is the source for shooting. Seems to default to the battery in the mounted "grip". Nothing I do can change that. On camera's menu system, with AA cells mounted, it shows charge of those cells as though they are the only batteries onboard. With the other clip, camera battery, the Batteries display in the menu shows two batteries but highlights the external and I can't seem to change that.

Thus, it becomes nothing more than a sort of spare battery case with a couple of duplicate camera controls. I'm thinking I was way happier with a couple of spare batteries in my pocket. What am I missing?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow