69.5mpx Panorama from Teide

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PistonPhotoUK
PistonPhotoUK Regular Member • Posts: 144
69.5mpx Panorama from Teide

Finally getting round to editing the photos from the Honeymoon (a month late as the Mrs reminds me).

We decided the best way to spend our day on Tenerife was to take the trip up to Teide National Park. We had limited time (cruise ships wait for no-one!) and packed for the day. The temperature swing whilst ascending from +28c to -1c in less than an hour was something else, and definitely something I recommend experiencing if you haven't yet.

This was made up from 10 RAW shots, processed and stitched using LR & PS. First time trying this and I'm pretty pleased with the results. This was great fun to put together and I learnt a few new tricks at the same time.

"The view of the Gods" - Mount Teide

EXIF should be intact, however should it be a bit odd, it was handheld using an Olympus OM-D E-M1.1 with an Olympus 17mm f/1.8.

ISO 200, f/8, 1/640 sec. Camera in portrait orientation, S-AF locked on mountain range and then release and turn, release and turn... whilst maintaining focus lock to stop the risk of any focus breathing (not sure if the MFT lenses suffer from this but I figured best to play it safe).

If I plan on doing this in future and have the time I would love to use a Tripod, and to take multiple exposure of each 'tile' and build a Pano-HDR.

I'd love to know what you think. Would you have tackled this differently? What kit would you use if you had a chance to plan ahead?

PistonPhotoUK's gear list:PistonPhotoUK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow