Sell the D5 or D500?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff Klofft Veteran Member • Posts: 3,599
Sell the D5 or D500?

My previous kit was D5, D850 and D500. When the Z series was announced, I decided to give the Z7 a shot to replace my D850 and I liked it so much that I sold the D850 and got a Z6 too. The Z7 replaced most of uses cases of the D850 (all but high speed action) and the Z6 with the smaller S-series f/4 lenses has replaced the use cases (travel/walkaround) for the D500 and my set of DX lenses (which have also now gone off to eBay). I’ve kept the D5 and D500 as I still have occasion to shoot action, birds and wildlife and as much as I like the Z cameras, they aren’t nearly as good for higher speed action. That said, I don’t feel like I need to keep both and would like to recoup some of the cash I’ve spent on the Zs. The D5 is the ultimate action camera, but the D500 isn’t far behind and has the built-in advantage of the cropped sensor with the same resolution. Thoughts on which of the two I should keep and which I should sell. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Jeff

Nikon D5 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow