Sony rx100m4 vs 100m6 (to complement rx10m4)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 289
Sony rx100m4 vs 100m6 (to complement rx10m4)

Hello Sony Cyber-shot friends,

I have the RX100M4 and ordered the M6 yesterday.  I was quite excited about the longer lens, but now I’m concerned by the loss of the quicker lens.  Is that going to be a problem with indoor shots without using a flash (for example in a ship’s dining hall or a museum)?  Also, I have the RX10M3 and was going to replace it with the M4.  If I get the RX10M4, will the RX100M6 fill the gap when I need a less obtrusive camera?  This is all for travel photography, like an upcoming trip to Alaska’s Inner Passage, visiting family in Ireland or touring Paris.  For the Alaska trip,  I want the RX10M4 for capturing birds in flight, at a distance, and wildlife or icebergs seen from a National Geographic ship,  And I envision using the RC100M6 inside the ship and on landed hikes  I think the 200 mm would be fine in that outdoor scenario.

Any thoughts or suggestions on my camera plan would be helpful.

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX100 VI Canon EOS 30D +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS M6 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX10 III Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 Sony RX100 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow