GAS vs a reasonable compromise - the Sony 6500+18-135!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mdcromer Senior Member • Posts: 1,103
GAS vs a reasonable compromise - the Sony 6500+18-135!

I’m a bit saddened that so few landscape and travel photographers seem to be very interested in what, to me, is the perfect balance of size, weight, capability and image quality: the Sony 6500 + 18-135.

So light you scarcely notice it’s weight around your neck or in a jacket pocket. It covers moderate wide to a very capable scenic telephoto. It pairs readily with any number of small ultra wide FF or APS-C lenses, for me it’s the Voigtlander 10.

Lens is sharp, tonality is delightful, dynamic range extremely high, quite difficult to distinguish from the best FF sensors and better than many.

It’s extremely difficult to distinguish images captured with this combo and those of my 25-105 G, except the latter lacks a credible isolating telephoto option. And of course there is an absolutely enormous difference in size and weight between the two.

I am truly enjoying this combination of body and glass. I bought the 18-135 for my daughter on “her” 6500 but now it’s become my go-to system and she prefers the larger camera with fast primes or a bird lens.

mdcromer's gear list:mdcromer's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R Sony a7R III +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow