Self Challenge

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PJPfeiffer Contributing Member • Posts: 744
Self Challenge

I was asked as a volunteer to cover a golf tournament. I'm always up for a challenge and this one was twofold as I'm neither s golfer, nor a sports photographer. I asked the pros at our golf shop for insight to the golf game and scheduled 5 practice sessions on the putting, chipping, and driving areas, read on line and came to the conclusion I could probably get decent results using my only camera - fz300.

This was a charity event co-hosted in my 55+ community and PGA Hope, 501c corp benefiting veterans. I was pleased with the results, bot mine and the over $10K raised.

PGA Hope / Veterans charity tournament

Settings I used: aperture priority set at f2.8; ISO 200, center area for exposure, single point for focus, jpg only, bracket set for highest. here's a composite of a sampling of the 500+ images captured using a monopod.

These settings produce acceptable results for viewing on screen or in a slide show - the image size is pretty small and would not print acceptable results anything over 4X6 (if that)

PJPfeiffer's gear list:PJPfeiffer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Apple iPhone 5s Snapseed +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow