Z 24-70 f/2.8 S vs F 24-70 f/1.8ED G + FTZ

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP BWJunkie Regular Member • Posts: 141
Re: Z 24-70 f/2.8 S vs F 24-70 f/1.8ED G + FTZ

Rico Schiekel wrote:

icic wrote:

Rico Schiekel wrote:

Thanks for the test. The Z is a bit better in the center but in der corners the difference is remarkable.

Would be interesting to have the same done with the VR version and at a shot at infinity.

Can't wait to get mine.

he S lens seem amazing, but the g is not bad either. There little value to be gain from switching in a commercial sense as the rendering is very similar if not pixel peeping.

No, it's not bad at all. In my opinion at least the G and VR are optimized differently, the G for portraiture and the VR toward landscapes. Not sure yet where to put the S though.

And of course you can do great shots with all of them. From the technical standpoint it's still quite a difference between the G and the S especially in the corners. If it's worth to spend this much money is another question. For me it's mostly the non optical properties and of course a lot of GAS 😂.

I think I would be OK with the optics performance on the G version since I've shot with it for more than 4 years.  But it is hard going back to it after shooting with the S version.

With that aside, I don't find shooting with the FTZ attached to the body to be feasible at all.  It is bulky and noisier compared to the native lens mounted on the Z body.

Tim C.

BWJunkie's gear list:BWJunkie's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow