Experience with Nikon Canada D600

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
phatgreatwall New Member • Posts: 10
Experience with Nikon Canada D600

So I traded my fuji XT1 for the D600 flat online, and with some f16 shots noticed some dusts on the corners, so i attempted to clean it and still couldnt get a few stubborn dust on the corner to go away.  Requested a service from Nikon.

Timeline:

Wed- requested via email to have the D600 sensor cleaned under service advisory, received shipping label

Thursday - packed D600 into a box and requested Purolator pickup

Friday - camera arrived at Nikon Canada

Monday - Nikon issued a service order number and request approval for $0 dollars

Tuesday - Nikon web tracker shows still in service

Tuesday Afternoon - received an email with revised estimate of

"DAMAGE FOUND IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY CCD SCRATCHED

0005 C (E)Major Repair Service 449.99
0010 B2 (E)Moderate Repair Service 299.99"

Called and was told sensor clean is not under service advisory due to scratched sensor, i told them the light scratch (only visible on certain angles) on the sensor did not affect the photo at all and was only scratched on the top filter glass, but was told they will not work on the camera until the sensor is replaced to upkeep Nikon quality.  denied service and requested camera pickup

Wednsday Afternoon - drove to Nikon Canada after work to pick up

to my surprise - they still did the cleaning work, (still a spot on the corner, which i can live with), even the few specks of dust inside the OVF is gone, bravo Nikon!

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow