A simple Digital Camera Utility question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,245
A simple Digital Camera Utility question

OK - I'm sure this may have been asked quite a lot in the past. I don't have a Ricoh/Pentax camera as of yet, however, even though I've been trying to talk myself out of the GR III (due to price), the inner GAS urges within my shallow shell will result in my getting one soon.

However, I'd like to download the Digital Camera Utility in advance. But as you know, the problem is that the only versions available on their website are the "updater" versions - which if it does not find the previous version on your PC, will end the install process. I've gone to a few sites in which so called tricks were offered with regards to getting the updater to install as a full version - but none of them worked (I have Windows 10 version 1809).

Is there a place where I can download the full version - even if it's a version older - just so I can update it with the version 5 software?

Thanks in advance for any help on this...

-- hide signature --

Life can be good - if you allow it!
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm X20 Samsung EX2F Fujifilm X30 +33 more
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow