GH5 Exposure Bracketing Fix

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MathiasJ New Member • Posts: 2
GH5 Exposure Bracketing Fix

Heya,

Started taking 360 degree pano photos for 3D scenes using PTGui and noticed a weird behaviour with the GH5 bracketing and just thought I'd share the 'fix' I found.
This is my first camera though so perhaps this is a common practice.

When taking bracketed photos the default behaviour on the GH5 is set to ISO bracketing, which works fine but gives some noisy shadows at the 3200 ISO range. The panorama software package PTGui, doesn't recognize ISO bracketing as proper bracketing though, so I tried to find out how to set up shutter-speed bracketing. This is what I came up with.

First you have to set the ISO to Auto and pick the bracketing amount like you normally would. Then you switch the ISO to a set amount e.g. 100 or 400 (native ISO for GH5.) Notice that the camera still displays 'BKT' meaning bracketing is still active with the set ISO.
Now when you take a bracketed photo the camera will use shutter speed stops instead of ISO stops.

This is the best way I've found of setting up exposure bracketing with the GH5 so far. Please correct me if this is wrong!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow