Back to APS-C? Sony A7 to A6300

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UBrot Forum Member • Posts: 51
Back to APS-C? Sony A7 to A6300

I was quite certain that I wanted to make the move to the A7II because of 3 things:

- AF with my Metabones IV and Canon lenses

- Sensor reflections

- IBIS (less important but nice to have)

3 problems arise: Sony FE lenses aren't cheap (that's why I use Canon lenses), the A7ii is bigger and heavier than tha A7 (I really like my A7 because of it's compact and lightweight body) and the A7ii does have improved but not exceptionally good AF.

A used A6300 would give me a very compact body and afaik noticeably faster AF than the A7ii and I could use canon APS-C lenses which are quite cheap.

I'd lose the second control wheel and exposure compensation dial (that's a shame!!) some custom control buttons and of course one stop (being APS-C) and there's no IBIS (the A6500 does have IBIS but is quite expensive). On my A7 I mostly use the Samyang 35 f2.8 or the Canon 24-85 3.5-4.5. Both I'd sell. So what I'd be also missing is a cheap and compact prime in the 20-30mm f2 range. Also there's no really good and affordable standard zoom, but I could adapt something like the Tamron 17-50 f2.8.

Did someone make the switch? Does the A6300 have a sensor reflection problem? How is the AF with adapted canon lenses?

UBrot's gear list:UBrot's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow