Fuji 100-400mm alternatives

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 13,756
Re: another vote for the 100-400

Matt Fulghum wrote:

this truly is a case of buy once cry once; you can soften the sting a little by getting it through a reputable second hand dealer.

All of these were shot with that lens in the last two days, either at or close to full extension. After seeing what Jerry and Baobob are doing with that 1.4x TC, I really wish I'd had one with me, especially for the skimmer.

admission time: I spotted this cara cara, but had to get my wife to shoot it because I was driving while she and my dad were shooting. unusual to see one this far north and east.

Very nice work, Matt.  Can you ID the last bird?  Looks like something maybe in the heron family, but with unusual coloration.

The 1.4 TC is an super worthwhile investment when you can manage it.  I continue to be amazed at how little impact it has on the overall IQ.  Alas, the 2.0 TC didn't quite measure up in that respect, thought I've seen somewhat better examples posted here than I was able to take while I was evaluating it.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow