Z and left-eye shooting

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DMakogon Regular Member • Posts: 303
Z and left-eye shooting

Curious if anyone has left-eye shooting experience with the Z6/Z7 (bonus points for glasses-wearing perspectives).

I recently bought a Canon R, and spent the past few days acclimating to it. Unfortunately, I can't avoid bumping my nose into the touchscreen, which wreaks havoc on AF point selection (my nose is large enough to mess me up whether I choose upper-right or lower-right regions of the touchscreen). And, while I can completely disable touch-focus, and instead rely on the front+top dials, that is rather inconvenient and counter-intuitive (imagine using Etch-a-Sketch dials to draw; similar idea). So... looks like the R is going back.

My understanding, from my reading, is that the Z's touchscreen does not provide touch-focus, which (for me) would be a Good Thing. Does that mean that, while using the EVF, the touchscreen is disabled? (hoping this is "yes")

The ideal control scenario for me would be to use joystick-based AF-point selection. For left-eye shooters: anyone have any issues with accessing any of the rear controls?

I'm assuming all ergonomics are equivalent between Z6 & Z7.

Thanks...

DMakogon's gear list:DMakogon's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Samsung NX300 Nikon Z6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +6 more
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow