Sony 70-300mm - Weak AF

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stigg Regular Member • Posts: 402
Sony 70-300mm - Weak AF

I'm trying out a 70-300 on the A3000 and A6000. With indoor light the AF is poor to almost non-existent on the A3000. The A6000 is only slightly better. Outdoors the results are much better but still lacking, I have tried adapted Sigma lenses and they have actually done the same or a bit better. Tomorrow I'll try again at mid-day and also with the A7r. I am also underwhelmed with the sharpness of images produced with this lens. Its still too early to make any decisions though I would think a native lens would do much better than this . The little Sony 18-55 does far better indoors in the same lighting conditions on both cameras.

After months of asking questions I decided to forego any adapted lenses. My plan up to this point was to use Sony lenses to cover 24-300mm. However based on what I've seen so far an adapted Sigma 18-300 or Tamron 16-300 would be a better way to go.

If anyone has any suggestions for me to try I welcome them.

Sony a6000 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow