Calibrate Sigma 18-35mm (Nikon)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 9,612
Re: Calibrate Sigma 18-35mm (Nikon)

mohxinn wrote:

The subjects at 0.7m and greater are consistently out of focus. I will do calibration and add values for infinity distance. It might be that this has affect on the previous range (0.4 - 0.7m) in the dock.

Regards,
Mohsin
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/90692793@N03/

Out of focus is obvious since you are not satisfied but how out of focus? Is it always front focus at different measurements or front focus and back focus. If it is always in the same direction you might be able to do something or not but if it is front one time and back another then your lens might be defective. Adding something to Infinity is not going to fix your problem because if it did it would effect all values but that is usually not the case. All manufacturers recommend starting with the closest value. If infinity value effected the previous values it would be impossible to calibrate anything.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow