Rollei Envy Self-Challenge

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Papa48 Contributing Member • Posts: 989
Rollei Envy Self-Challenge

So, I'm flipping through Instagram posts from friends I follow, and a local camera shop comes up with this just gorgeous used Rolleiflex TLR in pristine condition and I'm thinking, "I could buy that, and start all over again!" But after a while reality sets in, because I just don't have all of that film workflow in me anymore, so I give myself an assignment. Put the FZ1000 into 1:1, shoot found subjects around the house (Hey, it's a rainy day!) black and white, like it's a 120 roll of twelve, and no chimping! Put it on the monitor, do maybe a little fun post processing and share it.

Have I gotten over that beautiful Rollei? Not really. But here are the best six of my self-assignment. What did I find out? Square isn't any easier to compose now, than it was in the seventies. But digital workflow is a piece of cake!

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow