D3500 Self-timer Release Mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KeithL55 Forum Member • Posts: 90
D3500 Self-timer Release Mode

I recently bought my girlfriend a D3500. She had previously been using a D3000, and used a 2 sec shutter release delay in order to minimize camera movement when taking landscape and macro images. On the D3000, when the release mode is set to Self-timer, it remains on that mode until it is changed. On the new D3500, I cannot get it to stay on the Self-timer mode for more than a single shot. It is very annoying to have to keep resetting the mode for each exposure. I have purchased two different books for the D3500, and neither of them mention this, and I haven't been able to find any discussions of it on the internet, so I assume I am overlooking something. I can't imagine that Nikon would remove functionality from a newer model camera. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks,

Keith

KeithL55's gear list:KeithL55's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon D810A Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +7 more
Nikon D3000 Nikon D3500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow