I have the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary..is the 1.4x teleconverter worth getting?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
beagle1 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,815
Re: I have the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary.. 1.4x teleconverter

Monica727 wrote:

I recently bought a Nikon d3400, and have been having a wonderful time photographing wildlife. Mostly birds. I then decided to invest in a Sigma 150-600 Contemporary lens, since I was frustrated that I couldn't get closer to my subjects. I am also really enjoying the lens. I still would like a little extra zoom, but am wondering if I will lose anything in image quality with the 1.4x teleconverter.

I'm pretty new at this. I just really enjoy photographing wildlife. I am an artist, and have a good eye, but not quite enough experience yet. I am shooting mostly in Shutter priority, since my subjects are often moving. I'm still working the kinks out of getting nice sharp images. I just ordered a monopod to help with stabilization. Any advice is appreciated.

I photograph birds with a Canon mirrorless and the Sigma 150-600 "C" (and other lenses.    I would suggest buying a teleconverter from one of the large NY camera retailers - they have a 30 day return policy so you can see if using a teleconverter / extender significantly degrades image quality

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow