LX10/15 or Huawei Mate P20 Pro (1/1.7in sensor)?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Neil426 Forum Member • Posts: 75
LX10/15 or Huawei Mate P20 Pro (1/1.7in sensor)?

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new camera / camera phone . I currently use micro43 gear which I love and have no intention of giving up but like many I suspect, I would love to have a camera I literally take everywhere and that provides me with enough quality that should I want to print an image every now and again I will be able to without the worry of it turning into a mushy mess.

I have seen reviews and comments about the Huawei Mate 20 pro and their triple lens configuration and largish 1/1.7inch sensor claiming that the image quality is much higher and I assume might be the equivalent of cameras like the Panasonic LX7 from a few years ago?!

I am considering the LX10/15 but given the sensor is  smaller than micro43 and therefore closer to the phone I am wondering if the phone with all its built in software and connectivity will be the better buy overall especially as it would allow quicker editing and posting of images if needed. Unless I zoomed in 100-200% would there be any discernible difference in the quality and the subsequent prints especially if edited a little in LR or similar.

I have seen many great shots from the LX7 and therefore my question is are the images coming out of these new phones similar to those from the LX7 in terms of quality and are therefore good enough to print and frame on the wall? Does anyone here use this phone along side their micro43 gear or other and happily use both? How large have you printed any images from a phone?

Thanks for your time.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow