Mobile images good enough to print yet?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Neil426 Forum Member • Posts: 75
Mobile images good enough to print yet?

Hi all,

I currently have a samsung s7 edge.. its a nice phone, does eveything I need pretty much and its known to have quite a good camera for a mobile.. or at least it was 2-3 years ago.

Now i see reviews and comments about Huawei Mate 20 pro and their triple lens configuration and largish 1/1.7inch sensor claiming that the image quality is much higher and I assume might be the equivalent of cameras like the Panasonic LX7 from a few years ago?!

My question is are the images coming out of these new phones good enough to print and frame on the wall? How large have you printed any images from one of these phones?

Would I notice any / much difference when printing fairly large (16x12in) from using something like an RX100 / LX15 both using a 1inch sensor or would I only notice real differences when zooming right in on the pc to say 100%,150% etc where smoothing  etc would be fairly obvious due to the size of the sensor.

Are we at that point that presuming you do not crop in on the image these images will print just as well as any from considerably larger sensored cameras?

Thanks for your time.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic LX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow