Specks Long Exposures

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shane91 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Specks Long Exposures

Hot pixels, dust, I'm not sure. I noticed a couple months ago I've been getting quite a bit of what I think look like hot pixels especially on smooth surfaces or in the blacks of my images. Any tips on preventing this?  The only reason why I even thought of bringing this up now is because I noticed its happening in exposures that are less than a second long such as the last img attached. I don't remember this happening and don't have any photos of this happening when my x-t20 was new, so i'm curious if the usage and hiking/backpacking with it caught up with the camera or if I've just been reading the forum more than normal and am thinking too much into it

thanks for any input.

(i know about black frames and the LE noise reduction but don't usually do it for such short exposures [<30])

Shane91's gear list:Shane91's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow