Photoshop application stability

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
calson Veteran Member • Posts: 9,625
Photoshop application stability

I have started to have problems printing a small JPG file with either PS CS6 or PC CC. The 640K file will start to be fed to the printer and when I look at the job it is spooling more than 11MB of data. What is curious is that I can print the same file using DXO Photo Lab or Luminar or Affinity Photo with no issues and so the problem is with Photoshop.

I posted about the problem on the Adobe forum and got some worthless suggestions. What I did come across was this web page summarizing what is supposedly being fixed with each new iteration of Photoshop CC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

What became quite obvious is that the people at Adobe do not know how to write code and even worse, they do not know how to test code before it is released. What is beyond my comprehension is how any software engineer or release manager could operated in this manner and not be ashamed of their performance and that of their work product.

It is yet one more example of inexperienced software engineers who do not know what they do not know and makes the idea of autonomous motor vehicles on the roads seem foolish. The software companies wisely pushed for legislation that prevents them from being sued when their products cause damage or injury or death, much like the products of the firearms industry.

-- hide signature --

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed. -- Herman Melville

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow