Shooting Spain and Zurich with the X-H1 and 10-24

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wezre Regular Member • Posts: 130
Shooting Spain and Zurich with the X-H1 and 10-24

I recently had the pleasure of taking a 12-day trip across Spain which included stops in Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, Cordoba, Seville, Granada, and Barcelona. The flight home included a 6-hour layover in Zurich, Switzerland so I was able to go into the city and do a quick tour of downtown.

I posted here prior to the trip asking for input on the need for a wide-angle lens (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4370119) and got some great input that lead me to purchase the Fuji 10-24mm f/4. Long story short, the lens never left my X-H1. I found the wide angle perspective equally refreshing, challenging, and rewarding while exploring the many narrow streets, historic buildings, and breathtaking vistas that Spain has to offer. The camera and lens didn't let me down.

This trip was also my first real foray into processing RAW files. The photos were primarily processed in Capture One Express Fujifilm, with HDRs done in Skylum Aurora HDR 2019. Below are a selection of my favorites, and many more can be viewed in my Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146331307@N05/sets/72157690935363463. Comments welcome.

Retiro Park, Madrid

Royal Palace, Madrid

Catedral de la Almudena, Madrid

Roman Aqueduct, Segovia

Segovia

Cathedral of Segovia, viewed from the Puerta de San Andres

Cathedral of Segovia

San Martin Bridge, Toledo

Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca, Toledo (reportedly the oldest standing synagogue in Europe)

Street in Toledo

Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba

Royal Alcazar of Seville

Palace of Carlos V, Alhambra, Granada

Sierra Nevada, Granada

Spillway at Quentar Reservoir Dam, Granada

Sierra Nevada, Granada

La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

Hospital de Sant Pau, Barcelona

Hospital de Sant Pau, Barcelona

Wezre's gear list:Wezre's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow