High Res Mode options like Olympus's 'Flash Charge Time'?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Johnlarry New Member • Posts: 9
High Res Mode options like Olympus's 'Flash Charge Time'?

The Olympus OM-D M1 Mark II and E-M5 mark II let you program the delay between each individual exposure capture during the [High Res Shot] sensor-shift image (up to 30 seconds, I think) in "Flash Charge Time." Speed Test

This is useful in studio/macro/tabletop situations when you need to pop flash multiple times, because it gives the strobe time to recycle before the next shot. The way the (rather terse) Olympus manual describes the feature: "Sets the time to wait for the flash to complete recharging when using a flash other than the dedicated flash that is supplied."

Besides these Olympus models I've read that the Sony Alpha a7R III can also do this.

I have been considering getting a G9 but looking at the manual I'm not finding an equivalent option in the manual for the Panasonic: the sensor-shift multi-shots appear to be done quickly, one after another. Scrabble Word Finder

Can the G9 (or any other m43 camera from Panasonic or Olympus) space out the shots in High-Res mode the way the Sony and the OM-D M1 Mark II can to accommodate strobe recycle time? Solitaire

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow