SH D300 Image Sensor problem?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ian-J New Member • Posts: 4
SH D300 Image Sensor problem?

Hi,

I have just purchased a second hand Nikon D300 and was very excited to find a one owner body in what looks like very good condition with only 11k shutter actuations. I was extremely pleased with my purchase until I started noticing coloured dots on my images when zooming in to 100%.  

I have very little experience with digital cameras, and photography in general, but a little research suggests that I have stuck/hot pixels on the sensor. One of which always appears blue and is in the same place on every image I take and depending on the ISO setting there are other random dead / discoloured pixels too.

I realise the camera is now over 12 years old, but with my lack of experience I don't know if this is normal over time or if I've bought a dud and should try to return it.

I have taken 3 raw images one of my screen with a whiteish background and two with the lens cap on. The first two are at iso 200 and the last is at 800. Being new to the forum I'm not sure what I should do with the images as the upload only seems to support .JPG or .TIFF and I'm not sure if conversion would mask the problem pixels.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Best regards,

Ian

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow