I am so ready to leave Canon for Nikon but ...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Symtex Contributing Member • Posts: 609
I am so ready to leave Canon for Nikon but ...

It's really hard for me to let go of my Canon TSE-24mm. It's my favorite lens.  It's the one I can always count on to offer me the sharpness and composition I am looking for. I love to shift and create amazing panorama.  I currently own a Canon 5DS R which I use less and less over the years since I got the my Fuji as a 2nd body. I love working with EVFs. It has change the way I operate and It doesn't break my back anymore. The reason I want to get out of Canon is because their sensor has been falling behind the competition for many years now. I've shot a few time with Sony exmor sensor and I thought the quality so much better than my Canon.

I've been looking at the Nikon Z7 as a replacement.  It's mostly for stills. I am unfamiliar with Nikon lens line-up but I think it's time for me to switch over.  I was going to get the 24-70mm Kit lens for start. I will be looking for a a wide angle lens, a 50mm 1.4 and a 70-200mm  in a near future as I offload my Canon lenses.

BTW, I did consider the EOS R as a replacement but I think I am more excited about trying something new after 15 years of shooting Canon.  Plus I don't think the EOS R sensor is in the same league as the Nikon Z7.

If you have any lens suggestion for me, feel free to chime in.

-- hide signature --

Canon 5DS R, Canon EF 24-105L, Tamron 150-600mm, Canon TSE-24mm II, Fuji X-T2
Flickr : https://www.flickr.com/photos/fogboundturtle/

Symtex's gear list:Symtex's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon Z7 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Canon EOS 5DS R Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow