RX10iv focussing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheoZw
TheoZw New Member • Posts: 7
RX10iv focussing

Hi, my first contribution to this forum.

I bought some months ago a new Sony RX10iv. When you tell me it is focussing at blinding speed, well, mine doesn’t ... all the time. When I started using the RX10 I thought I did something wrong. But sometimes...

This afternoon I discovered something strange. I sometimes couldn’t focus, even not manual! I was playing with the zoom, I focussed at 600 mm to a building, when I zoomed out to wide, the focus went in and out of focus during the zooming (severl times).

Maybe related: I tried to focus at a tree at several meters away. The RX10 is to out of focus, goes at blinding speed to focus, and returns to out of focus and stays out of focus.

So, if I zoom at the ‘wrong place’, I can’t focus at infinity. Not even manually.

Do I have a defective RX10iV? Or am I expecting too much (don’t think so)?

My second camera is RX100 III, and I have no complaint at all about this camera (before this I had several camera’s analog and digital).

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow