Transferring photos from cards to computer and hard drive

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 341
Transferring photos from cards to computer and hard drive

Hello,

I'm like a dinosaur when it comes to technology.  I've got some great cameras (at the moment using the Sony's), love taking photos, and I still haven't worked out how to get the photos onto, let's say, a thumb drive.  Most important for this question, though, is this ~~ Which Apple laptop is best for going on an expedition, and backing up photos of the day?  I have a MacBook Pro, but it's too heavy and large to take on an expedition.  On the other hand, I need one that will hold lots of photos!  Which external hard drive do you recommend?  What do you think is the best way to get the photos from the camera or card onto the Apple laptop? (At the moment, I use wifi to put the photos on my phone, then they automatically show up on my computer.  I'm pretty certain that there's a better way.

If there's another thread where these answers may be found, would you direct me there?  I don't want to ask you experts to rehash things you've answered already.

Thank you very much,

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow