Should have purchased the Z6 + 24-70 f/4 Kit lens

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Varuas Regular Member • Posts: 314
Should have purchased the Z6 + 24-70 f/4 Kit lens

I did not get the 24-70 f/4 kit lens, just Z6 body thinking that my existing F-mount lens collection (all primes plus 70-200) could fill the void. For photos, it is true, but for video, my existing primes suffer from a horrible drawback for the type of videos I take (casual home videos of kids).

It turns out that the Z6 video autofocus (which I rely on for my shots) creates buzz/click noise with my F-mount prime lenses (few AF-S f/1.8 and one Sigma f/1.4 ART). Audio is ruined.

On top of that, for outdoor videos, I stop down to f/5.6 to even f/8 anyway (outdoor home videos with too shallow DOF (using f/2-2.8) makes the shots too moody and a bit clusterphobic imo), so that 24-70 f/4 would have been the PERFECT video lens for me given that it is apparently silent when autofocusing, has a great range. If I had bought the body+kit, I would have saved a few hundred dollars. Now, I will have to spend another $700 if I purchase the kit lens.

Question -- is there an alternative(cheaper) F-mount silent focusing lens that coverts 24-70 (or similar/shorter) range?

Varuas's gear list:Varuas's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D600 Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +2 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
NCB
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow