Best acrylic face mount options

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nzsky New Member • Posts: 23
Best acrylic face mount options

Hi I'd like thoughts on the best acrylic face mount out-sourcing options for large (20 x 30 +) prints. The photos I want to print are low resolution and low gamut. Shadow detail and color accuracy are important for these images. So far I'm trying to compare these:

Nevada Art Printers Lumachrome' - "Details appear to emerge in 3D from the depths of the image with the Lumachrome process thanks to the transparency layer that is infused with iridium particles" etc etc

White Wall 'Ultra HD' - "In the Fuji Crystal Professional Archive Maxima photo paper, the visual maximum density is increased another 10%. Now even finer details can be reproduced, even in dark, shadowy parts of your photo" "Massive luminosity and light-resistance" etc etc

Chromasheen - "World class acrylic face mounts guaranteed to captivate the viewer"

Bumblejax - "Our guarantee is 100% happiness on every print"

Scale Up Art - "We are proud to offer the best acrylic face-mounts available"

I've read lots of reviews and forums and waded through screeds of marketing BS and still feel like its a stab in the dark...

Has anyone compared any of these? How do the papers differ - Fuji Crystal Pearl, Fuji Crystal Professional Archive Maxima, Fujiflex, Hahnemuhle Photo Gloss Paper (specifically for face mount acrylic)? Best printer - inkjet vs chromogenic lightjet vs chromogenic LED?

Scale up are the only ones I can find offering 1/4" Trulife acrylic, would there be much difference from 1/8"?

Thank-you in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow