Regarding wireless sending of photos long range in an event hall with 5d iii

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jacobngwb New Member • Posts: 11
Regarding wireless sending of photos long range in an event hall with 5d iii

Hi guys,

i have a challanging situation and i need some help. I am tasked to shoot an event where i need to wireless send photos taken from the stage area where we capture award recipients collecting their awards and send it outside to a laptop where my other colleague will print it out.

I had an event as such last week and it failed terribly. As i use a pair of 5d iii which does not have inbuilt wifi and i heard those wifi model cameras such as 5d iv etc are also quite unstable, i got a wifi controller which connected properly when i tested it at my office, allowing me to send photos to my mobile and then emailing it to my computer. sounds like a long workflow but it was a acceptable workaround as i'm not v proficient in this.

However, during the actual event in the event hall. my mobile refused to connect to the camera which resulted in a total failure as i couldnt send anything out. I guess it had to do with the many network signal in the office as it was very congested. and it was partly my fault as i did not do my due testing on site

My predicament is that i have another upcoming event whcih requires me to do something similar and im really in a dilemma now as to how to handle this as its a paid event and im very worried about a similar situation happening as my client wasnt very satisfied with the way things turned out.

How would you guys resolve this issue? Wifi cards woudnt really work as i heard they have terrible transfer speeds. Please any help would be really appreciated

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow