***Your weekly R/RP photos*** (4/14-4/20)

Started Apr 14, 2019 | Discussions thread
jalywol
OP jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 10,797
Re: Practice helps the birds to succeed...

These guys are definitely giving you the eye

I've been using an M43 system for birds, with the excellent (and not inexpensive) PL 100-400mm f4-5.6 lens (which gives an 800mm FF equiv FL), so I have to admit to being a bit spoiled by that lens and that reach when it comes to taking photos of our avian friends . So, going to a much shorter FL AND a (decent) consumer grade tele is taking a bit of getting used to. (The EF 70-300 II is more on the order of the Panasonic 100-300mm lens...decent, serviceable, but not super sharp at the long end, especially at full tele at distances.) I'm going to put my pennies away for whenever they come out with an RF 70-300mm L lens with a TC...that will do it, I think .

You have very good feather detail on these birds. My only suggestion with these would be to keep the ISO down a bit on the dark one (or ETTR), as the shadow noise is creepng up in the OOF areas.

They are pretty little things, aren't they

-J

Hi jalywol,

Some further practice shots in our locals woods - I'm continuing to finesse my techniques and refine my post-processing skills with the R raw files ahead of a forthcoming trip.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow