Sony 90mm G Macro vs Voigtlander 110mm Macro APO

Started Apr 13, 2019 | Discussions thread
dkeller Senior Member • Posts: 1,550
Re: Sony 90mm G Macro vs Voigtlander 110mm Macro APO

It sounds as though are trying to make a case for the Voightlander.  If you want totally manual focus and don't feel a need for stabilization then go for it.  I don't know how the prices or size/weight of the Voightlander compares with the Sony.

Most shooting with "macro" lenses really isn't in the true macro range, but is closeup shooting at ranges just slightly closer than other lenses allow.  In these situations AF and the extra stabilization are extremely useful.  As to build quality or the warrantee time, I've never heard of problems with the Sony that would make this an issue.  In fact, the only lens I have consistently heard of issues that would warrant concern is the old Zeiss A-mount 16-50 that was popular in the early KM and Sony DSLR days.  I've been using Minolta, KM, and Sony lenses for over 50 years and have never had a problem with one.

To me the advantages of the Sony 90mm Macro make it a no brainer--but that's just my opinion.

dkeller's gear list:dkeller's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony SLT-A68 Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow