what to do about online images vs iphone, truetone

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Phil Photo
OP Phil Photo Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Re: what to do about online images vs iphone, truetone

Phil Photo wrote:

I had literally just calibrated the screen with Xrite.

Perhaps on the weekend I may post a "camera inception" set of images, with my sony taking a picture of pictures displayed on my iphone and monitor.. that were originally taken with my sony.

which I supposed I will also include a color passport in frame, so I can then re-re-re-re-er-rrrrrrrrrrrrcalibrate color, of the calibrated color, of the....

my head hurts.

i was lazy. here's a rush job. Sadly, this is not the one that really made things horribly stand out,but just a quickie example.

dont pay so much attention to the main photo. notice the difference betwee the the cellphone views.

Notice how much more orange the skintones are, on the one with truetone.

Now imagine that I had already tuned the main image to look "warm", and imagine how disgustingly overwarm it would then look on the iphone.

You would basically get a lillywhite irish girl looking like a tanned california girl.

(I think the only reason it doesnt, is because I probably toned down the warmth when I discovered this)

no tru tone

tru tone enabled

Phil Photo's gear list:Phil Photo's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow