First real "SHOOT"

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP davecac Regular Member • Posts: 116
Re: First real "SHOOT"

pocoloco wrote:

davecac wrote:

Went on my first planned "shoot" today and here are the best shots. They have not been edited yet. I also didn't have a great deal of time to wait for right light and and think about composition as I was on a walk with the family.

You are kind of contradicting yourselve here. You state you did not take the time to wait for the right light, heck, you did not even take the time to compose! Yet you call it your first planned shoot!

Agree , a bit of both. Know I was going to take photos but didn’t have the same time as I would if I were alone.

About the images, others have already commented, so I'll chip in about this. Good images take time, unless you are lucky to be at the right spot at the right time.

Normally, you need to plan a bit. Know about the subjects you want to photograph. Where they are. How their position to the sun is? Where is the sun? Determine your best position to take the shot. Take note of the weather. Do you need it to be clear, do you want some clouds, do you want there to be wind? Plan... plan... plan.

You have some nice apps on your phone for sun/moon positions that you can use to plan your shots.

Oh, most interesting light is during golden hour and blue hour, sunset/sunrise. Plan your shoots around these times.

Location was Portland in Dorset and it was unusually misty/ murky although sun was trying to get out. Please be honest ( I can take it ) but these are the ones I thought were OK.

And... just keep on trying... shoot a lot, you will develop an eye for composition, and you will get better with the technical stuff over time.

Thanks good advice, CAC

davecac's gear list:davecac's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Apple iPhone SE
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Footski
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow