ACDSee Video Studio 3

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RebDovid2 Regular Member • Posts: 127
ACDSee Video Studio 3

For a little more than another twenty-four hours, ACDSee Video Studio 3 is available as a free add-on with the (discounted) purchase of ACDSee Ultimate, Professional, or Standard photo-editing and DAM programs.

While I've been trialing ACDSee Professional and Standard, I'm a complete novice when it comes to video editing. My use of video, as a doting grandparent, quite likely will be limited to my grandchildren and family events. So, I'm looking for something that's easy to learn and use. And, perhaps because I am a complete video novice, I don't think I need anything particularly fancy.

ACDSee Pro is on sale for $64.95; ACDSee Standard is on sale for $39.95. On their own merits, I'm unsure which, if either, to buy. I generally shoot raw with my Panasonic LX100M2. So far, while waiting for DxO Photolab 2.3 to be released, with support for my camera, I've been reasonably satisfied with SilkyPix Developer Studio 8 SE in combination with Affinity Photo. Also, from what I've read, my copy of LR 5 maybe a sufficient DAM. Alternatively, the ACDSee DAM gets good reviews.

Against this background, I'd appreciate experience-based opinions whether ACDSee Video Studio 3 is good enough for my intended purposes to justify buying ACDSee Standard, even if I never use it (or use it only for DAM).

Thank you for your consideration.

RebDovid2's gear list:RebDovid2's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Google Pixel 3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow