WOW.... The new imac 2019 is Awesome!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
EdwardWestonNYC Contributing Member • Posts: 541
Re: WOW.... The new imac 2019 is Awesome!

LenRivers wrote:

terryreid wrote:

LenRivers wrote:

graybalanced wrote:

LenRivers wrote:

Deji wrote:

From which company did you purchase the additional RAM?

Other world computing. Never heard of them till I got the referral here on the forums.

OWC has been an important supplier of Mac-friendly supplies for so long, I think I've probably been ordering drives, cables, and RAM from them for 20 years or more.

But if Crucial has it cheaper I get it from Crucial.

Ok cool... I am very satisfied.

I just went to OWC and they want $1,049.00 for 128GB for the 2019 iMac?

128gb $1,049.00

Ok... I spent $450 on 64 gb. Just because it can use 128 gb does not mean you have to buy it or even need it ?? I don't need that myself....

See what Crucial charges and what B&H charges

Haha - if you needed 128gb of Ram you would not be gawking at the price. People that NEED that kind of memory are working 60+ hours a week on huge projects (file wise size - mostly in high end post production motion)  and $1,100 is such a small price to pay in comparison to invoiced billing.

Although it comes across as me attacking you about it, I truly mean it in a jokingly sarcastic was of saying just because you can, doesn't mean you need to.

32gb for photo is still the sweet spot - even with multitasking. 64gb is great too (however, in terms of $$ its still a smaller return on photo editing performance) BUT more power IS NICE. 128gb for photo editing, not gonna be used. PS, will start writing to your scratch disk long before (and the difference there will be internal HHD vs internal SSD vs external SSD). It will also be a LONG time before PS is optimize for that much memory because most systems won't have it or even support it.

Now video editing is a different coding and beast and is entirely different if that is in the cards.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow