The Holy Trinity of lenses for OM?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Henry Stamm Senior Member • Posts: 2,976
Re: The Holy Trinity of lenses for OM?

Charlie Santini wrote:

thxs for the response! In a nutshell, the list goes like this, right? With so many variations or versions, anyway to identify the lenses? I sincerely thought there where gonna be a 35mm and a 50mm in that list. no ultra good glass at that range?

1) 21f2 (landscape and archi)

2)

3) 100f2 or the 90f2 (portraits)

If I remember correctly, the 50mm f1.8 that stated Zuiko and Japan was a good lens.  And I think there was a serial number range that indicated later production.  I had one and used it experimentally on my E1.   Models to avoid in the 50mm f1.8 versions were E. Zuiko or F. Zuiko or some sort of letter in front of the Zuiko lens.

And as far as its use went, I found it OK wide open, although slightly soft.  Better still at f2.8, then perfectly sharp from f4-f8.  At the time, I also had the 4/3 digital 14-54mm f2.8-f3.5 lens.  The latter was sharp at its widest aperture throughout the zoom range.  Overall, the f1.8 advantage at 50mm of the Zuiko lens was not significant enough to me to make it a regular part of my photography.  It remained a play thing, while the digital lens and its zoom capabilities proved far more useful.

Henry Stamm's gear list:Henry Stamm's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow