Peak Design Pouches for M43?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jason Contributing Member • Posts: 518
Re: Peak Design Pouches for M43?

Wildalaskaken wrote:

I dont do photography pouches or dedicated camera bags. I use Osprey?Mountainsmith stuff. This is my daily carry in Bangkok, camera or not.

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/daylite-sling-DAYLTSLNG.html

Yesterday I had my G85 with the 45-200 II in there, plus two bandanas, sunglasses case, glasses case, bong and weed, lighter, keys, wallet, two cell phones, cell phone battery, plastic bag (for rain) and a souvenir tshirt.

One of the most comfy ways to carry a camera. I daresay If I left out the T-shirt and was creative, I could fit another small lens in there. I carry mine slung in front or under my arm most of the time.

I think PD makes great stuff (I use their straps and attachers as well as the clip) but their bags and systems are overly heavy and impractical for use other than in and out of a car or to impress folks in the know.

That looks like a great bag, and I do really like (and own) Osprey products. The thing that appeals to me about the PD field pouch is that it is flat and compact when unloaded. That would allow me to stuff it in my luggage when traveling, and break it out as a day pack. Further, I can use my PD strap on my camera or on the bag. That makes for a really unobtrusive and versatile package. I usually pack a bare minimum when I travel, but day packs are always a challenge. Either I'm carrying around my luggage, or I have to make significant space in my luggage for a decent daypack. I'm hoping the PD field pouch is big enough to carry my basic M43 kit (or whatever crap I need to carry with me during the day), but small enough to disappear into my luggage.

I'm not stuck on Peak Design gear, but I haven't seen anything similar to the field pouch in my brief search.

Jason's gear list:Jason's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow