Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
JakeJY Senior Member • Posts: 3,485
Re: Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

1943Mike wrote:

My thanks to you as well for posting your initial thoughts and settings.

If that brick wall is near you, would you mind shooting it with the 12-200 at 200mm? Or any equivalent scene with lots of detail. Since my interest lies mostly in having an all around/travel lens with that extra reach, an image of how well that lens can resolve detail at 200mm would be very informative to me. I've read the reviews but there's nothing like seeing an image to add more visual information to my decision making process.

This reminds me of a point brought up before. The performance of a lens can vary based on where the focus plane is. It may be the lens performs poorly when focused close (as is the case for most chart based testing) at the longest focal length, but performs better when focused nearer infinity (as is the case in the "real world" samples).

JakeJY's gear list:JakeJY's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9300 Nikon D5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow