If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It: OR — Firmware Updates - Suggested Good Practice?

Started Apr 3, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ELSELS Senior Member • Posts: 1,920
If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It: OR — Firmware Updates - Suggested Good Practice?

Hello:

I have some camera gear - (camera / lenses) - that I will check - to see if the firmware has any available firmware updates?

I quickly looked up the items - online - at their respective manufacturer’s websites, to see if there were firmware updates - based on the dates released.

Of course, to “check” each photographic device there are many / varied methods of how to check the device’s - “current firmware version”.

Question - Do most of you - perform update firmware updates, simply out of practice, when a new version is released, OR - only if there are issues - (or a suspected) problem using the current state of gear, that _MIGHT - be “fixed” by doing the firmware updates?

I know there have been mentioned of various (at times) - issues of items “sometimes” not functioning - as expected or “correctly” AFTER performing a firmware update - as one had become accustomed to…

Thought / Comments / Advice ?

Curious what you do - with YOUR gear - once you are aware of any newly released firmware update(s)?

Thanks for your time,

Have a nice day…

Ed

~ ~ ~

-- hide signature --

Camera Equipment, Computer Gear and more

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow